Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving to all

In honor of Thanksgiving I have two quotes. One, by Erma Bombeck I just couldn't resist. The other more telling of Thanksgiving. Thank you to God first and foremost, thanks to my parents for all they've done, my husband for making the past 15 years wonderful, to my children, to all of my friends and family. I am eternally grateful for all of you.
What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?
~Erma Bombeck, "No One Diets on Thanksgiving," 26 November 1981
Our rural ancestors, with little blest, Patient of labour when the end was rest, Indulged the day that housed their annual grain, With feasts, and off'rings, and a thankful strain.
~Alexander Pope Be happy, be healthy, and be peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Overload